Monday 9 July 2012

The Mortal Instruments #5 City of Lost Souls

I blame circumstances for making me wait to read this beauty....but goodness me it was worth the wait. Presenting The Mortal Instruments #5 City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.

Here is the summary of the book:

The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide? Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.


The book begins just where City of Fallen Angels ended. Jace is still connected to Sebastian and all Clary had done had been for naught. But hope is still there that somewhere inside the new Jace the old Jace still lives and Clary will do all she can to get him back even if it means breaking the Clave rules. It is now upto Clary to get to Jace and Sebastian before it is too late....and for Team Good find out a way to severe the unholy connection before it is too late.....because a war is coming upon Raziel's children....a war they simply cannot loose.

My first thoughts after finishing this book was....."OMG! TOTAL AWESOMENESS" and "THANK GOD THIS DOES NOT END IN A CLIFFHANGER". To tell the truth including the gorgeous cover I definitely liked this book better than City of Fallen Angels. That book felt like a bridge between the first three and this where slowly things are getting unveiled and the true stakes are realized.

The characters are as strong as ever. Jace and Clary remain to be the best characters of the lot and it is strange to see the difference in Jace from strong and quick witted one to this someone who follows Sebastian without question. And while his love for Clary still remains the same it is still rather jarrimg to see this all played out. Clary on the other hand is as determined as ever to see her Jace back and literally  goes to the end of the world to do just that(now that is devotion). While Simon, Maia, Jordan, Izzy, Alec and Magus, while secondary characters, deal with problems of their own all the while trying with all their might to prevent apocalypse.

But the most gruesome part? is Sebastian who is point to be noted a great villain (don't flame me its just an observation.....a certain Tom Riddle still occupies the position of the greatest villain)....he is convincing, rather very persuasive and very ruthless. MY GOD!! Ms. Clare sure has some great characters here and maintains the same while positing her chapters with the changes in perspective. Now after finishing this goodness.....I so want to get my hands on the next book and I definitely can't wait to get it (also so excited to see how the movie will come out as!)

"Intense, aggresive and passionate...Ms Clare spins the penultimate story with the utmost perfection as always"

Genre :       Urban Fantasy, Paranormal


Publisher: Margaret K McElderry


Rate:              5/5 (It was Amazing)

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I agree, I definitively liked this one way more than City of Fallen Angels which I felt was more of a filler book as well. I would have liked to see a little more snark from Jace, he quite obviously wasn't his usual self, but I quite like Sebastian. I know... but as far as Villains go, he's at the very top of my list!


    Allison
    imabibliophobic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this book, I've fallen behind after the first three came out and am obviously missing out on all kinds of good times! Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to look for the book now!

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design