Saturday 8 September 2012

Journey to Wudang #1 Earth to Hell

A good book but not in my league....thus I couldn't follow it one bit.....but presenting my views of Journey to Wudang #1 Earth to Hell by Kylie Chan.

Here is the summary of the book:

It is eight years since Xuan Wu, God of the Northern Heavens, living in Hong Kong as wealthy businessman John Chen, was exiled from the mortal realm. Emma and John's daughter, Simone, are facing a new series of threats. Leo, their best fighter, is sitting in Hell, but when they journey below to persuade him home, nothing is as it appears. On Earth, Simon Wong, the Demon King's son, is no longer around to trouble them, but his associates have taken over Simon's underworld activities. The otherworldly stones are being targeted and are in danger of their kind being completely destroyed. It seems that the Demon King is the only one Emma can turn to for help...

(Fair Warning: What you will read below will not be my usual review style....it contains me ranting about this book....not for those of you who are fans of the series)

A good book. A marvelous cover on it too. But I'm clueless as a toddler about anything related to the Chinese myths or folklore. While yes the fight scenes and the technique is amazing but I'm still clueless about the whole stuff. So without much further ado I plunged headlong into the book not knowing what to expect from it and not knowing that it was a continuation of her first series, Dark Heavens.... So naturally I was disappointed.

As the synopsis says this is the second series starring the protagonist Emma and among other things a horde of new characters chugged at us.....literally. I kinda had to double back a lot to see how a character was introduced every time thinking I missed something.....but alas disappointed. The writing is rather very straight forward. A lot of times I couldn't make a head or tail of what was going on because largely speaking books on Chinese jargon are a little difficult to understand in books and need to be eased in, to the reader gradually but again sadly not the case. But i'm still persisting, i'll give the next book a shot but i'm not saying that I will like it.....

"Beautiful cover and a good synopsis....but crappy writing"

Genre :      Paranormal, Urban Fantasy


Publisher: Harper Voyager


My Copy Publisher and edelweiss


Rate:              2/5 (It was Ok)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design