Saturday 8 September 2012

Journey to Wudang #2 Hell to Heaven

The first book didn't sit well with me but everyone deserves a second chance..... Presenting my views on Journey to Wudang #2 Hell to Heaven by Kylie Chan.

Here is the summary of the book:

Dragons and martial arts, science and magic ... the second fabulous book in this sequel series to the Dark Heavens trilogy that began with ′White Tiger′. Emma teeters on the edge of becoming fully demon, and must make a journey to the Kunlun Moutains in the West, home of the palaces of Nu Wa and the Yellow Emperor, in an attempt to regain her humanity. Travelling with Emma is Xuan Wu′s daughter, Simone, who is struggling with her growing powers and trying to defend herself from the demons who want to destroy her. And Michael is trying to come to terms with the shock of finding out he might be half demon ...

(Again Warning: Not my usual style of reviewing....full of ranting about my feeling on the book...again this is not for those who loved this series)

Just like Earth to Hell this is another one with an eye catching cover. While I still remain clueless about Chinese jargon but these covers sure have a sense of grace to them.....an elegance and a wonder. But I kinda liked this book.....while I still couldn't understand a lot of what was going on again, the writing was a bit better and a little fleshed out. The author goes a little deeper into her story telling, retaining a bit of suspense.

I know the review doesn't tell us much but it still didn't make a deep impact on me to write a lengthy review. But if i'm to rank the book in order of my liking then they will be ranked in the order of their release......Yup I liked this book much better than the first one.

"Likeable - improved penmanship - but still doesn't have the WOW factor expected in stories centered about Asian themes"

Genre :      Paranormal, Urban Fantasy


Publisher: Harper Voyager


My Copy Publisher and edelweiss


Rate:              3/5 (Liked It)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design