Wednesday 31 October 2012

Carrier #1 Carrier of the Mark

Fellow inkpoper....I applaud thee. Presenting Carrier #1 Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon.

Here is the summary of the book:

Their love was meant to be. When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs. But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

I had joined Inkpop just before it collaborated and became Figment. Now i've only ever written one novella and that too I need to edit (GOD haven't had the time with reading so many books and so many tests and projects in college...bit I swear i'll start again soon)

Anyways when I heard Leigh Fallon's book was an inkpop find...I just knew I had to read it. I have to say it was a good book not amazing but good. Now this book was released when twilight was still in vogue so I daresay it draws a lot of parallels with that sparkly drama but very different I tell you. This is the story if Megan Rosenberg who just moved to Ireland with her dad. In a new place meeting new people and making new friends, things are just beginning to settle he feels attracted towards the mysterious Adam. He says he is dangerous and that Meghan shouldn't be with him. But as the days grow Meghan realizes that their's (Meghan & Adam) is a fate sealed long before their time.

An easy and a beautiful read. Very likeable. While again it draws parallels with Twilight, Meghan being the new girl and Adam and his family, with a dark and mysterious reputation. What I really liked about this book was the fact that the premise of the story are the elements....the basic building blocks of life, Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Ms. Fallon laid out a good ground to the story. The background is well placed and the rapport between the main characters is beautifully done.

The way she portrays the Irish landscape was just marvelous. I found myself transported inside the book with every page. The action is also very nicely played out.....very palpable. The one thing I didn't like was the fact that Meghan and Adam professed their love a little too quickly...while I did love the passion they share but it just happened a bit too soon.....Still I want to know what book 2 has in store for us.

"Elemental action and passionate love - you should try this book - you wouldn't be disappointed"

Genre :      Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance


Publisher: HarperTeen



Rate:             /5 (Really Liked It)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design