Friday 29 August 2014

Revenants #3 If I Should Die

Presenting Revenants #3 If I Should Die by Amy Plum.

Here is the summary of the book:

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?


Starts with a bang and ends with a bang. Unbelievably striking conclusion to a mystically unique trilogy. Perfectly balanced with the good and bad and the dead and alive. With the heartbreaking ending of 'Until I Die', the conclusion begins from just that instant and 'tis a test against time as fate and such work together to keep Vincent and Kate together and bit by bit unearthing long forgotten Revenant legends that may as be the tipping in the scales in the war.

Vincent and Kate and their romance truly transcends to the next level. "Mon ange". Fluffiness abound these two shared a pretty intense chemistry. Vincent in all of his over-protective glory and stubborn Kate, who just wants her boyfriend back and help the Bardia; and the ensuing hand of fate upon Kate while surprising to say the least, fits her determination to help well. She was all round brave and totally bad-ass.

Jules was pathetic. Truly I like him but the way he handled the situation with Kate and Vincent was not something I would expect of him. Reading the novella 'Die for her' ave us quite the perspective to who Jules truly is but how he reacted here leaving when there was a war on the horizon was just abominable.

Charlotte, Charles and Ambrose all had their moments in the spotlight. But really felt bad for Jean-Baptiste and Genevieve and poor Gaspard....... And lets not forget Georgia and Arthur, they really deserved the break. On the whole this is a marvelous conclusion but I would have liked to have seen and read more about all these characters than what we were provided with...... But yes I loved it.

"A fitting and satisfying conclusion to the chapter of Vincent and Kate and their net step to eternity"

Genre :      Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy

PublisherHarperTeen

Release Date: 7th May, 2013

My Copy: bought (ebook)

Rate:              5/5 (It was Amazing)

Other Books in the series (review links):
                #1 Die For Me 
                #2 Until I Die

Buy:           Amazon | Book Depository 

1 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorite series. I was sad to see it end and wished for more about the other characters as well.

    ReplyDelete

 

Le' Grande Codex Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design